Scandoval: 7 Seasons in the Making

     I first started watching Vanderpump Rules during Season 3. I started watching, because I was a huge fan of Lisa Vanderpump. She was my favorite housewife on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I wanted to try the show to see what the restaurant looked like. 7 seasons later and I'm still watching. The season that I started with was when Tom Sandoval and Kristen Doute broke up due to her sleeping with his best friend. It was hinted at that time that Tom S. was not that faithful himself. There was talk of an affair with a girl in Miami. Tom had befriended Ariana and began dating her shortly thereafter. Kristen believed that they had hooked up prior to being official. Ariana denied it, but something makes me think something did happen. She has been very coy recently, and seemed to throw a bit of shade at Tom at the reunion. 

    Flash forward to Season 10 and we have Tom S. cheating on Ariana with Raquel. In prior seasons, it seemed that the passion and love that Tom and Ariana had in earlier seasons had waned. They definitely came across more as friends. They didn't seem to want the same things. Ariana had said she wasn't interested in marriage or children; yet, Tom stayed in the relationship. I think he's one of those guys who doesn't like to dump girls, but likes to do things to cause them to dump him. I think there are two reasons why he did what he did. One, was he wanted to do something so Ariana would dump him. Two, he was going through a mid-life crisis; hence, blowing his money on starting a band. He was looking for validation anywhere and from anyone. Raquel is young and naive, while also desperate for attention. It was the perfect storm for an affair. Do I believe either of these folks are in love with each other? No! Was Tom S. manipulating Raquel? Hell yeah! Hopefully, Raquel can look back on this and realize it wasn't worth it. Tom only wanted to feed his ego with her youth, and her adoration. Now they both have come across as losers. 

    Recently, the relationship between Raquel and Tom ended. I don't think it was real. They were just feeding a void in both of their lives. I hope Raquel takes time to reflect before jumping into another relationship. Tom S. I hope will leave Vanderpump Rules, cause who can trust him or watch him F up another relationship?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Implications of interracial couples on TV

Oh boy, them Dodgers!

One Line Slams