My Current TV Show Habits

I have to say 2009 has been a bust for Fall premieres. There hasn't been one new show that I've added to my DVR that I felt was worth watching. I really tried to like Glee, but I think it would be easier just to download the songs from Itunes or watch it on Youtube. It breaks one of my cardinal rules: you have to like the main characters. I don't buy Rachel and Finn as a couple. I don't understand her attraction to him because he is a putz. I thought Modern Family was enjoyable, but thought the documentary aspect would grow stale. I've got two words for Vampire Diaries--it sucks!

However, there are two new shows I really like. First, is Drop Dead Diva. I enjoy the court cases and Brooke Elliott(Jane) is a joy in the lead role. I also like the supporting cast. I enjoy the character Fred and would like to see him become Jane's love interest. The other show is Becoming Human. It's on BBC America and it has a lot of supernatural elements. If you enjoy vampires, werewolves or ghosts you will enjoy this series. The concept of the show centers around characters who've lost their humanity by become part of the supernatural world. They are all trying to find a way to regain it. It's an interesting premise and very well done.

On another positive note most of my returning shows have been great as well. Mad Men is on fire! John Hamm and January Jones deserve Emmy wins! Torchwood was thrilling even though it was just five episodes. I hope next season is longer! How I Met Your Mother always keeps me laughing and smiling. Neil Patrick Harris has come into his own on that show! Gossip Girl has its up and downs, but I'm still digging it. The same can be said for Grey's Anatomy, and Brothers & Sisters.

Shows I'm watching:
Mad Men
Grey's Anatomy
Brothers & Sisters
Gossip Girl
How I Met Your Mother
Becoming Human
Torchwood
Robin Hood (BBC)
The Hills
The City
Law & Order
Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List

Shows on the fence:
Glee
Law & Order SVU
Project Runway
Dollhouse

Shows I've given up on:
90210 (until they put Dixon and Silver back together!)
Top Chef
Desperate Housewives
Army Wives

Show that should be buried six feet under:
Vampire Diaries

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Implications of interracial couples on TV

Scandoval: 7 Seasons in the Making

Oh boy, them Dodgers!