The trouble with this Season's American Idol

I had pretty much abandoned watching American Idol during the season when it was Carrie Underwood/Bo Bice. The problem I always find myself in is that my tastes in music do not correspond to popular tastes. So when Bo Bice didn't win I said I had it and haven't watched since. Now that Itunes is offering sound clips (why didn't someone think of this earlier?) I tuned it to get a feel for this year's contestants. I have to say they confirm why I stopped watching in the first place. I think there are some talented singers, but the one thing they lack is stage presence. Too many of them seem intimidated and don't want to interact with the crowd. I can see this spelling the end of this show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Implications of interracial couples on TV

What New Year’s Resolutions? Start today!

Oh boy, them Dodgers!